Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 8: I am inspired by...

Ok, I don't think this prompt is a good one for today, but maybe all those joining in will do better than me. Inspired by, and mentor which we had yesterday are a bit similar, yes? Apologies for not noticing that when I wrote the list out.

Who am I inspired by?  It's a really really long list.

Most notably there are no famous people on my list. No one you will read about in a newspaper or see on Youtube. I am inspired by every day people.

I like doers.

You know when you meet a doer. They are people who get things done, they are joiners and attenders.

I am inspired by people who are have energy, enthusiasm and positivity. I like to be around them, to be more like them, to learn from them.

I like to see how they handle days of crapness and how they bring a group of people together to make things happen. These kinds of people are busy, they are not people you get to spend a lot of time with because they don't have time to stand still, but when you do, you feel inspired to do more, be more, give more.

Who inspires you?





15 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you said you are inspired by everyday people because that's a key point I make in my post!!! We must look to the people we know for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha you're forgiven, my post for today, which I'm yet to write but hope to have up before 10am - is similar. I'm with you though on famous folks, they don't do it for me unless they are really humanitarian types!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum is my main inspiration at the moment. She is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Famous folk only inspire me when they do something really amazing for a greater good. I like to be inspired by ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Also I think today's prompt was great, there is a bit of a difference between a mentor and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you really need to know someone personally to be inspired by them. This is a great prompt, sorry I have been a little slack over the past few days x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mum, my husband, my community inspire me and the fact that they are doers too. Beautiful prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit like you - very inspired by everyday people I love people with enthusiasm and go and who aren't afraid to take a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like doers too and I like to think I'm one of those people except at the moment I seem to be 'doing' too much and not really making a very good job of anything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect you are a doer than Robyn, because doers say yes and no matter how bad it ends up, at least you did something when everyone else was just talking about doing something.

      Delete
    2. NIce way to look at it, lol. Thanks xx

      Delete
  9. I love ^^ that little conversation between you and Robin. Doers never think they are doing enough! If everyone just does a little, think how much progress we would make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wrote mine without looking at this conversation but it makes me smile that we all look up to the doers, the people who get on with it, the givers of the community. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm inspired by so many people for so many reasons. Mostly it's people who have no relation at all to what I'm doing; I'm simply drawn to their passion and feel I can apply it to what I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm inspired by… Pinterest. And our kids. And especially my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't do yesterday's prompt so it all worked out nicely for me!

    I'm inspired by some several whos but also whats. If the sun comes out, especially in cold-ass Melbourne, it's like someone lit a fire under my CBFs. The sun is the shiz.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!