Friday, May 3, 2013

A challenge to myself: Blog everyday in May

Sometimes I like to give myself a personal challenge. Some of you would make a challenge a physical thing, like run a marathon, which just isn't my thing. Others will find giving something up a challenge, but I find the give up things challenge pretty easy. No alcohol for a month - easy, no chocolate - harder, but still easy. But doing something and staying committed to it every day for a month, I find that really hard. You need to find the time. EVERY DAY.

Anyway, I have decided to give it a go to Blog Every Day in May. But not just any old blogs, I will be following the daily prompts from this list here.

Clearly, I have missed the first few days so I have to make up for them, plus I might have even more to say on some days and actually post twice, which might annoy some of you who think that a blog post from me twice a week is already enough.

But, I am going to give it a try anyway.

Now that you know what I am doing, here is the first challenge: Which is harder than it sounds...250 words is not a lot.



Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)


I was born in a private Catholic hospital in Melbourne.

My parents moved around a little bit, not for any real reason, just because there were better opportunities, and more fun to be had at the next destination, so I attended four schools in all before I hit university. When I was ten we moved to the country and I had a love hate relationship with it from the start. I hated my new school, but found new friends on the bus, I hated horses, but loved lambing season. I hated being so far from the city but loved the space we had to roam around in.

After uni I headed to the big city and worked in finance marketing for a while, I headed to Europe and backpacked around on my own, then went back again two years later and then went to Ireland for a year to work and play.  I just wasn’t all that settled in Melbourne, and probably would have ended up in Europe permanently but by this stage I had also met Mr H. We hooked up, got married, had two kids, got ourselves a picket fence and a mortgage and after working here, there and everywhere I now work for a private Catholic hospital in Melbourne – yes, the very same one!




3 comments:

  1. Loved reading that.. The kind of coming back to where you started stories are great! Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. You backpacked Europe. Gah, I have never been more jealous of someone I've never met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you work in the hospital you were born in - funny old life. I have been toying with blogging every day, I think it'd be a good thing to do to search for my blogging voice, which I still feel is hoarse. But not May, in fact less in May for me.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...