Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Will the dog turd karma get me?




So I am not really sure what I believe in when it comes to God and religion and all that spiritual stuff, but I do believe in doing the right thing, being a good person, surrounding yourself with great people and treating others as you would like to be treated yourself.

I believe in some kind of Karma, you know, what goes around comes around.

So now I am a bit worried.

I took the Pooch for a walk, which I do rarely without Mr H.

She did an enormous turd, I was dragging her so hard that that turd went from one drive way, then on to the nature strip of the next house.

The thought of picking up a steaming dog turd, having it in the bag and walking it to the next bin makes me want to vomit.

I left it, told Popps to run for it, in case the home owners saw us and wanted me to remove the worlds largest turd from their driveway.

I hate it when people do that. I believe in being a responsible dog owner. I failed my own test of doing what you would like others to do for you.

Now I am waiting for the Karma, either I will stand in dog shit or the girls will and I will have to clean it out of the ridges of their shoes. Or worse.

Is this Karma? Or is it just that terrible Catholic guilt that was drummed in to me for 18 years refusing to budge from the back of my mind?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. Just the thought of cleaning a fresh pooch poo makes me feel unwell.
    It is one of the reasons I have stopped taking our dog for runs with me.
    I will bag it if I am walking him... but some days it all seems a bit too much.

    Just don't get me started on the geriatric cat and the kitty litter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that is one of my worst fears when walking my dogs, and I have three of the blitters. Two Labs and a mini daschund. Thankfully they have never actually done it while we are walking them. They must like saving the copious amounts of crap that comes out of them for the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noise - hot doggy doo! What's worse is when you stand in it and then get in the car and smoosh it all over the pedals and carpet. I hope karma leaves you alone Clairy - or maybe carry some baby wipes with you for a day or two :) Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW. Go have a look at the chocolate muffins on my blog, they'll make you feel better.
    And Karma you beast, leave my mate Clairey alone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so gross!

    Seriously this is why I won;t let my family get a dog. I have two kids in nappies. There is enough shit in my life already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's one of the reasons (err..undeclared reasons, am not fessing up to this one) we don't have a dog. Just ewww.

    Funny post though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very disappointed in you Clairey.
    From - The girl who always ends up getting dog poo on the pram wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee, I never thought of dog pooh and karma together before.

    That being said, I have actually lost count of the number of times that I have had to bag dog shit off of my lawn and I don't even own a dog. The worst one I had to clean up was almost at my front door . . . thanks to the dog and owner who left us that little treat.

    That being said, you were responsible enough to send someone after you to clean up, so that should at least help your karma!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am laughing so hard at the idea of you running away. Having said that, if I'd seen you, I would have looked disapproving. Drives me nuts when dog owners leave them lying around. Look at me - turd police.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!