Friday, May 20, 2011

Screaming babies will reward you in the end

A long time ago, way back, even before paid parental leave, I had a baby. That would be Popps, who is now five.

She liked to scream.

A lot.

No one wanted to look after her.

Ever.

I also wasn't working and we were living the rice and mince lifestyle. When living in this lifestyle 'option' a regular trip to the hair salon is out of the question. And considering I would have had to take screaming banshee with me, there would have been no relaxing either.

Nine months went past before I made it to the hairdresser.

But oh how that has paid off.

I added my entry to a competition PottyMouthMama was running offering a night at the Werribee Mansion. You had to answer:

The last thing I expected about being a mum is/was:


My entry:
To fall in love with dummies, dimmer switches and think it was ok to not go to a hair dresser for nine months.

AND. I. WON!

Thank you dear screaming banshee child of mine, if not for you, Mumma would not be excitedly planning a weekend of luxury sometime soon. And let's not highlight that everyone else may have mentioned the unexpected and unconditional love of a child.

Soon Mr H. and I will be off to Werribee and we shall not (do you hear me Mr H.) we shall not be doing a tour of the zebras and giraffes, we have already seen them 72,000 times.

I may possibly be seen at any of the destinations below though.





I expect I will also look like this after a weekend of pampering.



All images are from here


Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh yay congratulations! Fantastic prize.

    My eldest was a screamer too, but Im still waiting for that experience to reward me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fabulous. I have stayed there and it is DIVINE.
    Make sure you have a massage while you are there xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh how swish does that look.... yay for karma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, sounds wonderfully indulgent and very well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ophs sorry something went wrong...I just wanted to say congratulations and have a splendid weekend! We might here of Screamer No. 3 nine months down the track:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations ... you are a talented wordsmith.
    I fell in love with the same things x 2 - well 1 less dummy in the plug hole. But I had other things (.)(.) that worked just as well for him.

    Enjoy your reward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, nice! Have a great time when you make it there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a nice place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!

    I can relate, my Miss 5 was a screamer and absolutely no-one wanted to look after her either! She is now adorable, but still cries a fair bit, although this can be remedied a whole lot easier now :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gardens at Werribee mansion. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. I can't wait to go with you. It will be swell. Just the three of us. Cough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My youngest was a screamer too. And i didn't go to the hairdresser for about a year. I have long hair, so did a lot of 'bad-hair-day' tied back in a bun/ponytail. I may have also worn my pyjamas to the shops. Congratulations on the prize!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...