Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Slow down little girls, slow down.


Popps had the school disco in the last week of term, it is the highlight of her year at the moment and considering she really does have a very active social life this is saying something, her party invites weigh down the fridge while the rest of the family watches TV on Saturday nights  (and most other nights too if I think about it). 

Fashionista


The disco outfit last year was chosen by me. It was put on and worn without much discussion, we were pretty much on the same fashion line. 

This year she requested a pair of ripped denim shorts, suggesting that if I couldn't find any we could just cut her jeans up, the more threads the better.

Um. No.

There are some things I am just too conservative to allow and 7 year olds in ripped jeans hits my limits.

Eventually we compromised on an outfit and then the weather turned cold and we had 30 minutes to discuss a new option, to get dressed and arrive at the disco after I picked her up from Out of School Care.  

While I fumbled around for the coins she needed (glowstick purchases are a highlight of such an event) she painted on her lip smackers, around 47 times. She also painted her nails and then requested her most favourite of hairstyles - the side pony. 


As we raced from the car to the gym I asked her to stop for me to get a photo to send to Mr H, in return I got eye rolling and a refusal to stop. 

An hour and a half later she exited the disco with a glowstick necklace around her neck, a headband lost never to be seen again, in one hand she held the hand of another little girl and in both their other hands they held their denim skirts, because apparently Gangnam Style is impossible to dance to with restrictive skirts your mother makes you wear. 

Slow down little girls. 

Slow down.

6 comments:

  1. It's great to see them growing up but its also so hard that they want to be independent and dont need us as much. Hold on for as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They want to grow up so fast, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slooooooooooow doooooooooooooown nooooooooooooow!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to draw the line at navel piercings, more than one-standard hole in each ear piercings & tongue piercings...until 17 yo decided to sport them anyway! But I drew the line at tight colourful clown pants to spend the day together at the markets. So she threw on her best dress, and Mumma was happy :-) (just ignored the piercings & focused on the dress, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great post.

    Here is my blog ... labrador retriever golden

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!