But first let us tick off the essential items from the "I am now an official Grown Up list"
1) Grown ups don't drink Passion pop or spew-mante or west coast coolers.
2) A grown up does not smother themselves with Coconut Reef Oil and lie at Bells Beach for eight hours when it is 42 degrees.
3) Grown ups will not line up to get into a club, pub or restaurant at 2 am wearing hot pants and a halter neck top while it is -2 degrees.
4) Grown ups don't wear ripped jeans a with a t-shirt that says "Wanna see my HOOTERS" written across it to casual day at work. (unless you work at Hooters of course!)
5) Grown ups know what a tomato plant looks like.
6) Grown ups don't share a house with 15 Pommie back packers who steal your food, or live in a house where you have to mark the shampoo bottle to discourage your house mates from using your stuff.
7) Grown ups remember if they have pets.
8) Grown ups have an iron, a food processor and possibly a bread maker, the items will generally be shiny from lack of use, but still possessed by the grown up.
9) Grown up woman accept that they are not going to live the life of a Sex and the City cast member. You will never be Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte or Miranda.
and lastly, what I have agreed to:
10) A person is only considered a complete grown up when they accept to host a family Christmas.
At their own place.
With real crockery, cutlery and homemade food.
For more than 10 people.
I might not make it to the other side, but Christmas Day 2010 the Babble House will be full of Christmas
Are you a grown up?