Friday, September 27, 2013

ImmyTime


It is only minutes away until I will have both the girls at school. 




Ok, not really, it is a few months, or a full term and the summer holidays, but still this is really just a number of weeks. 

Once that happens I won't have any little people to share a drink with at a cafe, there will be no little legs swinging from the child seat in my shopping trolley. 

At the moment there are only two days a week that Immy and I have together alone once work and kindergarten are attended too, so when we can we head out to a place and have a hot chocolate or a drink and do some people watching and have a chat. 

Last week Mr H tagged along too and we took him to Koko Black, this is Immy's favourite because the babycinos here are not just provided with a marshmallow, but an entire chocolate teddy bear on a stick. 


She sticks that teddy chocolate stick in the warm milk and watches his face melt off before biting off his head. 

We make jokes about being a bear with a sore head. They never get old. Even funnier is when you tell her she just ate a bum. 

With one term to go I am going to enjoy every last babycino and headless bear joke I can get and hopefully drop in to a few new cafes along the way.


7 comments:

  1. I just realised the other day I only have one term left until my 2nd boy goes off to school. And it made my heart hurt! Lucky I've still got my daughter at home for a couple of years but for now I'm going to soak up that sweet little 4 year old boy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the wake up call .....time is going to fly by I know. This will be our first time school start and I know I will miss my little huggamonster like crazy. Thank goodness the younger nutter has a few more years to go. Need to create some special times before she succumbs to the school routine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has flown by, and I can't believe our girls are starting school soon! I'm doing the same as you: trying to make the most of this time together, and thinking how weird it will feel to have her gone so much next year. We might wag some days.

    PS - love your new bio in your sidebar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little miss is off to school next year and I am doing the same. I can't believe she is five.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in exactly the same stage with little miss G. The broken leg and thumb have resulted in a lot more home time (no kinder for a few weeks) but we too will send our last little lady off to school in just minutes. Its such a happy sad time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right to enjoy it, because once its gone, its gone forever. I don't think I appreciated that fact until it was too late.

    PS. Like Megan (in the comment above mentioned) I like your new bio, but between the 2 of us, we could get you to go camping (and enjoy it too!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kahlei is off to school next year, too and I was just thinking today how I manage an afternoon alone with Ellie (or a whole day in the holidays) and a day with Jasper a week but Kahlei and I don't get that alone time. It's definitely something I need to address and quick, as her starting kindy is really not long away.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...