Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Me and handwriting, we are getting back together again.

Way back when I first started blogging, I was also still talking about how much I love handwriting, and especially handwritten mail.

I was reminded of it today when I read that Eden is doing a blog linky about handwriting. I love it of course and I am clicking around and checking out people's handwriting.

It doesn't have to be perfect, or neat even. Handwriting is just such a distinctive thing, I once chatted with a lady that analysed handwriting, she had worked for the federal police for over forty years. In hindsight, that would be the best job ever for me, just learning, studying, talking and reviewing handwriting.

Down below was my original post about handwriting.

I am going to start up again and send a letter or a card to a friend every week for the next six weeks.

Because I really still believe that Handwriting is the new black.

And for to be part of Eden's linky, here is my handwriting.


































Post from the Past
Originally posted 18 August 2010











Everything comes typed these days, and its really getting a bit boring.

Time to get back to basics, originality, and character. Back to handwriting.

I love receiving something from a friend in the mail, but it hardly ever happens these days. I have a beautiful old hat box that I have filled with letters, cards, home made tapes(!) and notes from friends. They start from when I was about 10 and finish sometime in my mid 20s.

Recently, out of the blue I sent my good friend MissMeg a card, just to say hi. She loved it, I loved that she loved it.

So here is my new challenge:

Every week for the next six weeks I will be handwriting a letter or card and posting (remember that) the letter to someone fabulous.

If you feel up to the challenge, join in and let me know how you go.

Beautiful stationery may be desired, but not required, but it might be time to give my fancy pants pen a whirl.
Fancy Pants Pen, time for some action
I have had this ink pot for about 15 years, Mum found it somewhere, no idea how old it is, but I love to use it.







Time to get writing again.

23 comments:

  1. Oh I have pen envy! That is simply gorgeous. The ink pot too.

    I'm going to join your challenge, but will definitely need weekly reminders lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwriting post was the first one I read! I love handwritten notes, stationery, unusual pens and catching the postie as he pops a letter in my letter box.

    Would you consider making your six week project something others can join in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      Have decided to get organises and make it a little project for people to join in on. I will do a post this week about how to play along.

      Delete
  3. I love the message in your note. And your handwriting isn't too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ♥♥♥ your handwriting. I am sure I have made comment before over your love of the handwritten word. I am with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your writing. And I love that you have written about this before (something that struck me when I first looked at your blog months ago was that 'handwriting' link you had).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deb, that is interesting as only last week I had it removed thinking I was the only one with an interest in that area.

      Delete
  6. Lovely handwriting and very true that it is always nice to receive a hand written card or letter. That is a fancy pants pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love your six week project - that is such a beautiful thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made friends over handwriting Claire though I don't think I ever did do all I promised I would then (bad Kitty!) and when I saw Eden's post today I thought of you immediately. I joined up with grateful today but thought I'd do this in the next few days cos I too love me some handwriting. I LOVE your note, your pen & especially the ink pot. And I agree with you, it's super lovely to get an unexpected handwritten note or card in the mail x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mail is awesome - the handwritten kind, anyhow! Not sure I'll manage six, but I'd love to shoot a couple of notes off this week to let my dearests know I'm thinking of them. Thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six is actually a lot more than it seems! But a thank you note or an invitation that you would usually email can be quick and easy and fun.

      Delete
  10. CLAIRE. I love love LOVE this so much!! Was your fancy pants pen a gift from someone, or did you buy it for yourself? Now you've inspired me to write to people. I really noticed last Christmas that we hardly received any Christmas cards, they were all online. Same with invitations.

    Max went into Year 5 this year, and seeing his cursive this week really jolted me.

    Thank you so much for sharing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're handwriting is beautiful! I have a crystal ink pot on my desk from my grandparents. I think I need to get a really nice pen and make the most of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh - that should be *your, NOT you're! Sorry (I hate bad grammar...cringe lol)

      Delete
  12. What a good idea! Me too! Me too! I will write! By hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, by hand, on paper or card, no keyboards allowed.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful pen! I can imagine feeling like you are going back in time when you use it and it makes me think of a Hallmark movie that I love love love called "The Love Letter." Is it no surprise that my favorite movie is "Somewhere in Time?" I think I was born 100 years too late!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I adore your handwriting! So pretty and neat! I'm with you, receiving handwritten mail gives me the thrills. I want to get back to the pen and paper and spread that handwritten love around, even if it's just to say 'hello, I'm thinking of you'. Time to but some stamps and look up addresses. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous handwriting, you still do the p's and b's like we were taught in school :-) I can't write straight without lined pages anymore but your's is sooo neat! And I agree, handwriting is the new black.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea... and I'm off to write something right now. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!