Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sometimes you know you are not the favouite child

My parents never had favourites.

They treated us all pretty much the same and still do. But I think if Mum was writing her Will today my name might be at the bottom.

Mr H, the girls and I went for a visit on the weekend, we did a range of things and fired up the commercial coffee machine from when Mum had the tea rooms open at her place. The last time we did that we forgot to turn it off when we left. Opps.

This time I made sure it was turned off properly and even turned it off at the switch. Power Saver Crusader that I am.

But apparently that was also the switch to the spare fridge which was piled high with meat and groceries.

Apparently the smell of the meat going off in the fridge had quite the stench. It could have been enough to make a weak stomach hurl chunks.

I admitted it was me when the conversation of "Who Would TURN OFF THE FRIDGE" began.

And it might just be for the day, but I am pretty sure for now, I am certainly not the favourite child.

Have you ever accidentally written yourself out of the Will for the day?

11 comments:

  1. hahaha middle child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PMSL. I'm pretty sure I write myself out on a regular basis - but never in as spectacular fashion as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was an incident with a salad bowl. I'm not going to bore you with the details, but it's fair to say we still discuss the salad bowl incident in hushed tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I have definitely written myself out a number of times, but always manage to squirm back in. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! My brother borrowed and lost a very expensive and special pink walkman in the 80s (hey, it was the 80s) and to this day we still talk about the 'pink walkman incident'. I'm not sure my dad will ever forgive him for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was bright yellow - I so understand this! (wonder who has it now!)

      Delete
    2. Mine was bright yellow too & I just put it back in a box in the box with a few pieces of old technology I'm saving to make the grand kiddies laugh one day...along with the discman, and an original iPod (which is pretty obsolete already). And yes, my sister and I seem to try to out do eat other unintentionally on being written out of the will.

      Delete
    3. Apologies for the sad typing. My brain & fingers do not seem to be in cahoots.

      * in a box in the garage
      * each other

      Delete
  6. There was this one time, at Dad's 70th birthday party where upon cutting up the lemon slice I also sliced 6 stitches worth out of my finger and spent most of the celebration cooling my heels at the emergency department. Not great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know blood makes me faint...just got up off the floor (not the dance floor sadly)

      Delete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!