Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Kidspot Ford Territory Top 50: Feel the difference


The one task I have to do as part of the Kidspot Top 50 bloggers is to write a blog post with the topic “Feel the difference - your journey into blogging and what sets you apart from other bloggers”.

I’ve really struggled with this topic and had to think about it for some time before I could actually give an answer. Initially I couldn’t think of how I was different to any other blog, my blog journey is already up on the ‘My blog, My story’ page, and I couldn’t put my finger on my point of difference, that sometimes invisible thing that makes me different.

But the answer came to me in the question.

It’s a feeling.



Clairey Hewitt the blog is a bit like a Safety House. It’s a blog of discussions and ideas and dilemmas of modern day parenting, with some advice, but only if that’s what you’re looking for. Clairey Hewitt provides a place to drop in and chat, where you won’t be offended by what you read.

If Clairey Hewitt were given a TV rating it would likely be a PG at most. There is limited swearing, but at times there may be talk of poo, be it from a child, a dog or when Mr H gives me the shits. No violence or bullying is tolerated.

There may be advice or suggestions here, but not criticism if the ideas are not for you.

Questions are asked but nasty replies are not welcome. You may not have noticed, but troll and nasty types tend to not enter the house of Clairey Hewitt. At times they have sent me emails with a bit of a bullying slant, but I don’t bother sharing them here, this is not the place for people to have their negative thoughts displayed.

Clairey Hewitt the safety house may sound dull, boring, lacking of fun and entertainment but that is not it at all. It’s the opposite, it’s having all the good stuff, the conversations, the chats, the comments where people are talking about the good, the bad and the rather ugly without being attacked or ridiculed.

If Clairey Hewitt were a real moving thing she wouldn’t be in the latest Vogue magazine for style. She wouldn’t make it on to MasterChef. She would like to think she might one day be asked to perform  on Dancing with the Stars, but knows this is not about to happen, and that that is ok.

There is comfort in knowing the feeling you are going to get when you click onto a blog. Here you may end up really laughing at or with me (either is fine) you may cry with me, you may wonder how I come up with so many odd thoughts and why do I have to ask so many questions!

You may get surprises when I do some things and lots of talk about what I think about marketing campaigns, both good and bad.

But you wont get abuse.

You wont get sex, drugs and jail terms.

And I can only hope, when you feel the difference here, you like it.





15 comments:

  1. Wow Claire, what a wonderful way to put it and it's spot-on. Your place is a lovely place to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and always enjoy popping in for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this it is so true! Ps, I had a laugh out loud giggle where you wrote there is limited swearing, then spoke of mr h giving you the shits in the next line - so cute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, there is only so much one woman can take some times!

      Delete
  4. Great response to your question! I always love visiting...feels a bit like a second home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true. Your blog is a lovely place to visit Claire. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and that warm safe feeling is such a special one to have cultivated. Good luck - have already voted for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right - your blog is different and I like it !
    Love, hugs and positive energy.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clairey, how could you not win this competition? Whilst everything you wrote here is correct, in addition I would say what is so different about your blog is your subversive humour. Like, this piece is INCREDIBLY hilarious in a sneaky way that didn't make me laugh out loud (lol), but I'm cackling furiously on the inside. You're such a clever lady, keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is such a lovely thing to say. An internal cackle can be the very best kind!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and warm. That's what I feel when I visit here. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect description Claire! I love popping in for some interesting convo. I've already voted for you for the Top 5, now just let me know where I need to vote you into Dancing with the Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that describes your blog perfectly Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect way to describe your difference! x

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!