Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grateful for sand and vacuuming





Maxabella Loves runs a blog link up every week where people link a post they have written about something they are grateful for.

Today I am grateful for quite a lot, but mainly for the in-laws.

This morning they arrived and wheelbarrowed a cubic tonne of sand around the house to the sandpit. 

This will bring the girls hours and hours of playtime and I have been wanting it for a few weeks as all the kids that visit like to play there.

I had to take off to the kids dance classes and my MiL realised I was struggling with my super sore (not responding very well to nurofen and codeine) back.

When I arrived home an hour later my floors were swept, mopped and vacuumed and my kitchen was shiny with the dishwasher whizzing. 

I can't tell you how happy this made me. Though the sand was stomped through the house with much excitement within minutes of our return, for a few brief moments, my floors, they were perfect.

For in-laws, today I am very grateful.

10 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, I need your in-laws.

    And the sandbox is gorgeous. Did you do the painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sandpit! Bet your girls will be spending a lot of time in it this weekend!

    I am grateful for my MIL this weekend too. Hubby mentioned that we were needing new curtain as the sun has really killed ours. She went and bought some for us when she was shopping in the next town yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIL took the kids to the cicrus , i got all the book work done!! and the kids had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those must be the perfect in-laws :) lucky lady you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the sandpit looks awesome :)

    I hope your back is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh we never did the sand pit at home (possibly as zero Army houses come with them) but our children have loved the beach & everyone's sand pits!! A friend just did what you did - built a great one at home & when they went to collect the sand, the 'sand merchant' asked "what colour is your carpet, as you're going to want the sand to match". Enough said, viva la vacuum!! Either that or you'll embrace the fantasty you live at the beach year round. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Am so sorry about your back, is it any better today? Thank goodness for such an amazing MIL! I'd love to have one of those.

    That is easily the best sandpit I've ever seen! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that painted backdrop. Did you do it? Amazing, what an incredible idea! I want to Pinterest it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We <3 our sandpit and so do many of the children who come over to play :)

    Sorry to hear about your back, what a wonderful MIL you have. I dream of having family who are in a position and disposition to help out, especially when times are tough, but no so luck so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing sandpit - no wonder your kids love it! It seems like no matter where my kids go, they bring half a sandpit home in their shoes and pants...

    Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sandpit.

    And that's really lovely of your in-laws - very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting brings amazing luck, you must try it and see how you go!